ANNOUNCEMENTS – Wednesday, December 12, 2018
Auxiliary practice will be tomorrow from 3:30 – 5:00. This is a mandatory practice.
FCCLA Blood Drive will be tomorrow from 11:00 – 6:30 p.m. in the multi-purpose room. Please see Mrs. Musgrave if you would like to sign up to give blood. You must be at least 17 year old to donate or 16 years of age with parental consent.
High School FCA will be tomorrow at noon at the Open Door Outreach Center.
Our Band students will be participating in the New Madrid Christmas Parade this Saturday, December 15th. Parade time has been changed to 3:00 due to the Candle Light Tour. Bus will leave at 1:15 and will return between 5:00 – 5:30.
Seniors: The James and Nellie Westlake Scholarship is now available. Applications can be picked up in the library or Mrs. Heuring’s office.
Mizzou will have a mini med school this summer for students. You must be a junior to attend. See Mrs. Heuring for more information.
There will be a mandatory Jr. Beta Meeting today at 12:10 in Mrs. Skelton’s room.
Next Tuesday is the deadline for 1st hour classes to bring in canned food items for the FBLA Food Drive.
Semester Finals will be Wednesday, December 19th and Thursday, December 20th. Each final will be 2 hours long. Students may not have to take a class final because of grades or attendance. The exemptions include:
* A student with perfect attendance and a passing grade (60%) in the class
* A student having no more than 1 absence and at least a “B” average in the class
* A student with a 96% or higher in the class (absences do not count)
* Any student who scored “Advanced” on the MAP Test in the specific area relating to the class (A list of Advanced students will be posted on the bulletin board)
Finals Testing Schedule is as follows:
* Wednesday, December 19th: 1st, 3rd, and 5th period finals and first half of 7th period final
* Thursday, December 20th: 2nd, 4th, and 6th period finals and last half of 7th period final
Students who are “exempt” from a class final do not have to be at school during the time period of that final. For example, a student who is exempt from taking the 2nd period final would not have to be at school on Thursday until 10:00. Teachers will tell students whether or not they are exempt from taking their final on Monday, December 17th. Furthermore, once junior high students are on campus, they will not be allowed to leave, but high school students will be allowed to. If you are on campus, you will either need to be in class taking a test or in the auditorium watching a movie. On Friday, December 21st, students will go to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd hour classes then will go to the gym at 11:00 for our annual faculty/student basketball game. Students in grades 9-12 who would like to play in the game should see Coach Hahn to sign up.