It is never to early to start exploring colleges and universities! Take advantage of some of the upcoming college preview days. These days are great ways for families to spend a Saturday becoming more familiar about the college process and options available to their student(s).
- Review class schedule for career or college track and progress toward diploma with Mrs. Heuring.
- Take an ACT Prep Class and take the ACT Test.
- College bound juniors should schedule visits to top 3 college choices.
- All juniors must take the ASVAB test.
- Career bound juniors should enter a program at the Kennett Career and Technology Center.
- Military bound juniors should consider military options.
- Explore all career options.
- Students athletes who are considering playing collegiate sports should enter into the NCAA Clearinghouse at www.eligibilitycenter.org
- A+ students should ensure that they have scored at “Proficient or Advanced” on the Algebra I EOC and continue to maintain a GPA of 2.5 or better and a 95% or better attendance rate.
Raider Preview Days at Three Rivers College
TRC will be hosting preview days for interested students and parents Sept. 26th from 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Please let Mrs. Heuring know if you would like to attend. She can help you to register.
Show Me Days at Southeast Missouri State University
Show Me Day is our premier open house event and is offered on a number of Saturdays throughout the year and on Presidents’ Day. Attending Show Me Day gives you and your family the opportunity to:
- Talk to professors
- Tour campus
- Eat in our dining facilities
- Meet current students
- See the residence halls
2017-2018 Show Me Day event schedule:
- October 6, 2018
- November 10, 2018
- November 12, 2018
- February 16, 2019
- February 18, 2019
- March 23, 2019
All Show Me Days begin at 10 a.m. at the Show Me Center.
You can register by contacting the Office of Admissions at (573) 651-2590.
Programs available to interested students
SEMO AHEC ACES Program – This program is designed to provide students interested in careers in health care with hands-on learning experiences, online health modules, service learning projects, job shadowing and volunteering experiences. Interested students should see Mrs. Heuring to register for the program.
Fall Guidance Activities
- Careeer Awareness activities
- College Preview days/College Fairs
- Assist students in registering for the ACT
- Students will update profile information on MO Connections and their ICAP
- Students will take the ASVAB Oct. 5, 2018