All sophomores will take the ACT Aspire Test during the fall semester.
ACT Aspire Test has now taken the place of the ACT Plan test. It still serves as the midpoint measure of academic progress in ACT’s College and Career Readiness System.
ACT Aspire helps 10th graders build a solid foundation for future academic and career success and provides information needed to address school districts’ high-priority issues. It is a comprehensive guidance resource that helps students measure their current academic development, explore career/training options, and make plans for the remaining years of high school and beyond.
Whether students are college-bound or plan to enter the workforce directly after high school, ACT Aspire can help all students.
- Review class schedule for career or college track and progress toward diploma with Mrs. Heuring.
- Take the ACT Aspire Test.
- College bound sophomores should consider taking the ACT.
- Career bound sophomores should consider vocational options and explore programs offered at Kennett Career and Technology Center.
- Military bound sophomores should consider military options.
- Students athletes who are considering playing collegiate sports should enter into the NCAA Clearinghouse at www.eligibilitycenter.org
- A+ students should ensure that they have scored at least a “Proficient or Advanced” on the Algebra 1 EOC and continue to maintain a GPA of 2.5 or better and a 95% or better attendance rate.
Fall Guidance Activities
- Discuss ACT Aspire Test
- Discuss the importance of passing grades and credits
- Review strategies and techniques that help students to succeed while in high school
- Review the attendance contract
- Update student profiles and programs of study on Missouri Connections and their ICAP.